SBRI funding competition brief: Project innovation fund for Prevent
In support of HM Government’s Prevent Strategy, the aim of this competition is to find innovative ways to prevent vulnerable people from becoming radicalised to support or carry out terrorism. This is part of HM Government’s Prevent Strategy.
Projects must focus explicitly on one or more of the objectives below in line with the Prevent Strategy.
- increasing the understanding of and reducing the risk of radicalisation within a particular sector (for example, health sector)
- increasing the understanding of and reducing the risk of radicalisation within a particular demographic (such as young people)
- delivering new and innovative ways of working to deliver Prevent objectives
- working with vulnerable individuals or groups through outreach projects
- helping project participants to develop the judgement skills to challenge others’ views confidently
- addressing terrorist use of the internet, including by:
- improving understanding of the manifestation, dissemination and impact of terrorist content online
- building an evidence base to show how radicalising networks form online, and how they can be disrupted
- raising awareness of terrorist propaganda online, and promoting digital resilience by equipping individuals with the skills to protect themselves and others
- developing technical solutions to protect those in important sectors, such as education and health, from terrorist content online
Evaluation will be provided and delivered centrally by the Home Office.
More information can be found here.